Det er nå 20 okt 2018 01:53

Alle klokkeslett er UTC+02:00

Legg inn nytt emne  Svar på emne  [ 1 innlegg ] 
Forfatter Melding
 Innleggsemne: The struggling
Legg innLagt inn: 21 sep 2018 03:13 

Linebacker Brandon Marshall and wide receiver Demaryius Thomas weren't with their teammates on the sideline for the national anthem prior to the Denver Broncos' game against the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday night.

Marshall and Thomas emerged from the tunnel behind the Broncos' bench after the anthem was over.

In Arizona Corey Linsley Jersey , Los Angeles Chargers starting left tackle Russell Okung raised his fist during the anthem prior to the team's game against the Cardinals.

The league and the NFL players' union have yet to announce a policy for this season regarding demonstrations during the anthem after the league initially ordered everyone to stand on the sideline when the anthem is played, or remain in the locker room.

Marshall has knelt in the past during the national anthem, following the lead of his college teammate, Colin Kaepernick, who started the protests in 2016 to bring attention to social injustices. They played together at Nevada.

Thomas hasn't been involved in the demonstrations but he wore the Malcom Jenkins "You ain't listening" T-shirt at a pre-camp barbecue last month.

Okung stood with his fist raised behind the rest of the Chargers players, who lined up on the sideline for the anthem.

This story has been corrected to note that Okung's first name is Russell, not Richard.

Aldrick Rosas can’t have a repeat of last season if he wants to remain the New York Giants‘ placekicker.

The 23-year-old from Southern Oregon might have been the biggest surprise of training camp last summer, making the roster as a first-year free agent. The 6-foot-3 http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/davante-adams-jersey , rock-solid 233-pounder with a booming leg made almost every kick attempted in training camp to beat out veteran Mike Nugent. It was a no-brainer for then-coach Ben McAdoo and his staff.

Then came the regular season and everything went south for McAdoo, the team – and Rosas.

There were good moments: Rosas kicked in the opener at Dallas and then hitched a ride on co-owner’s Steve Tisch’s jet so he could get to California for the birth of his daughter and first child, Karsyn Isabella.

”She is doing great, she is awesome,” Rosas said Friday after practice. ”It’s amazing. She is eating the house. She is growing so fast. It’s amazing.”

His season wasn’t so pretty.

Rosas made 18 of 25 field-goal attempts. That’s 72 percent and not good enough when coaches expect their kickers to hit 80 percent.

”It’s felt like I have done five years since last summer,” Rosas said. ”It’s been a ride. When you go back and reflect, it’s learning the game of football, being a professional and learning the game of life and being a Dad. I am still learning.”

Rosas said the biggest thing he learned as a player was the need to stick to a plan and take it one kick at a time Trent Williams Jersey , regardless of each result.

This season, he is trying to follow a routine after each kick. He wants to come to the sideline, take a sip of water and wait for his next field-goal attempt, kickoff or extra point.

Rosas insists when he walks on the field, he is never looking to see how far he has to kick the ball, or where the ball is positioned. He is looking at his spot and focusing.

”So if I pushed the last one wide right, I am still going to line up the same, right down the middle Randy White Jersey ,” he said. ”I am going to give it my best effort to make it. It may be the same result, but I am not going to let the last kick dictate what I do on this one.”

Rosas has spent a lot of time recently working with regular long snapper Zak DeOssie and new holder, punter Riley Dixon. Friday was the first time the unit practiced the hurry-up, last-minute field-goal attempts with the fans and media watching.

Rosas made all three attempts.

Looking back on last season, Rosas can’t say one thing went wrong. He said his confidence level was OK, but he felt he let his mind wander on what he should and should not be doing in practice with his kicking.

This year, he wants to do the same thing every kick and have a little fun.

New coach Pat Shurmur was hesitant to say what he expected from his kicker, although he agreed with someone with a cranky wizard-like voice from behind the podium curtain who chirped in: ”Just make `em.”

”I think it’s important Cheap Stacy McGee Jersey ,” Shurmur said. ”Again, you’ve got to see it happen in game situations. Most often, the kickers that you have in camp make them during the practice sessions, you’ve just got to watch it happen. It’s really not that much more complicated than that.”

Womens Paul Worrilow Jersey

Toppen

Vis innlegg fra forrige:  Sorter etter  
Legg inn nytt emne  Svar på emne  [ 1 innlegg ] 

Alle klokkeslett er UTC+02:00